POLICIES & PROCEDURES
DD COVID POLICY
Students should bring only these items into the gym:
· Mask to be worn while entering, in the lobby, in the loft, in the bathroom, and while exiting the building (they are not required while the students are in class)
· Wearing ALL dance clothes – the bathroom will NOT be open to changing clothes
· Small backpack, just large enough for shoes -(labeled with name)
· Leakproof water bottle that fits in a backpack/bag with shoes (must be leakproof and contain water only) - (labeled with name)
· There will be NO use of cubbies. Everything must go in the backpack.
DD has taken a lot of precautions to make sure that everyone remains safe as the virus is still a safety concern. We are doing all of this to keep everyone safe until we can return to normal. Rules and regulations are subject to change as we find ways to keep everyone better safe. Please see the updated rules and new requirements below.
· Front building entry only - no parking. Drop off and pick up only
· Door to the parking lot, Old entrance, is exit only
· Front of the building will have a handwashing station for all to wash hands before entering the building
· Class sign-in sheet and viewing sign-in sheet must be signed upon entering. Kids may sign themselves in
· Temp check required, Temps over 100 will be asked to come back next week.
· Masks required by everyone entering the building, children under five years of age we ask that you try your best regarding wearing masks.
· Coaches and staff will be wearing masks/face shields
· Please speak with your child before coming to class that they should not hug to greet each other and that we need to be careful and continue to practice social distancing
· Water fountain is for filling bottles, from the refill station only – no drinking
· Sanitizing stations available throughout the building
· Student will be asked to go wash and sanitize hands if they cough or sneeze on hands
· Classes will be a bit shorter to accommodate cleaning/sanitizing that is done between classes along with nightly
· All preschool and tot classes will be 5 minutes shorter
· All other classes will be 10 minutes shorter
· To help with social distancing parents are not permitted to wait for their child in the building, we are asking for the parents of school-age children to drop off and pick up. Also no siblings will be allowed in the lobby or loft area during classes.
* If your child is in a preschool-age - 1 parent is allowed in the viewing area. Social distancing guidelines must be kept, as well as masks worn.
· Class ratios – 1/5 one adult to every five children with social distancing protocols followed to the best of our ability
· As your child enters the building, he/she will be directed where to go. Each student will have their own 6x6' square to dance in and their belongings will be put in a designated area around the dance room to keep in guidelines of social distancing.
· Please have your child arrive dressed for class
· New waiver signed by everyone in the parent portal
We are aware that this seems like a lot, but it has been going very smoothly. We put much thought into how to keep everyone safe to the best of our abilities, and we appreciate your help, understanding, and your business throughout these crazy times.
We understand that some people do not agree with wearing masks, but they are required as we all need to work together to keep each other safe. Thank you for following the new guidelines. We are so excited to see you all again!